CashPaxs of Foreign Currency1
CashPaxs are small amounts of select foreign currency available for purchase at AAA Texas branches in $100 denominations. Please note that CashPaxs are not available for purchase online or by phone.
- Have small amounts of foreign currency on hand when you land
- Convenient for tips, snacks, cab, and bus fares when you first arrive at your destination.
All AAA Texas branches carry Euros and British Pound Sterling.
The following foreign currency is available at select AAA Texas branches and can be ordered if it is not in stock: Canadian dollars, Japanese yen, Mexican pesos, and Australian dollars.
Please contact your AAA Texas branch prior to your visit to check availability.
LOCATE A BRANCH
Foreign Currency—Large Denominations1
Foreign currency is available for purchase in large denominations, providing you with peace of mind before you travel.
- Arrive at your destination with sufficient amounts of foreign currency
- There are several currencies available for purchase
- You can purchase one ore more types of currency
- All currencies ordered will be delivered in one shipment
- Find out current currency rates
Purchase by phone toll-free at 1-866-339-3378, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m., EST.
Note: Large currency denominations are not available for purchase at AAA Texas branches
AAA Visa® TravelMoney Card
The TravelMoney card is available by calling our preferred vendor, MetaBank at 1-866-674-9622 or by ordering from them online. If ordering online, you will be leaving the AAA Texas website and redirected to MetaBanks’s website.
Card is not available at AAA Texas branches.
Pre-funded TravelMoney card similar to a debit card with specific travel features including:
TravelMoney Card Specifics2
- Unlimited reloads for the life of the card (card life=three years from issue date) by contacting MetaBank at 1-866-674-9622 or online
- Visa branded and accepted everywhere Visa is accepted
- Can be used at over one million ATMs worldwide without the steep cash-advance fees associated with credit cards
- No shipping fee
- Three percent foreign conversion fee
- Lost luggage reimbursement—$250 maximum per trip, $1,000 maximum per cardholder
- Zero liability for fraudulent charges
- Purchase security
- Can be personalized for added convenience and security
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- Emergency replacement if lost or stolen sent to your location
- Emergency cash available if card is lost or stolen
- Excellent budgeting tool since the card is loaded with a specific cash value and not linked to your personal bank account
||$4.95 per card|
|Maximum Card Balance
|Account Maintenance Fee
||$1.25 per month after 12 months of inactivity|
|Replacement Card Fee
||$5.95 per card|
|Quick Deposit Fee
||Online or Phone:|
$100 - $500 = $10
$501 - $1,000 = $20
$1,001 - $1,500 = $30
1Travelex Currency Services, Inc. is the supplier of all foreign currency including the prepackaged currency known as TipPaks.
The AAA Visa TravelMoney cards are issued by MetaBankTM pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
2Additional terms may apply.
3Cannot exceed available balance on the card.