Important first steps before filing a home claim
- If you have a loss, please notify AAA Claims promptly at 1-800-672-5246 to report your claim
- Take reasonable measures to protect your property from further damage
- Keep a record of any temporary repair costs; this may include original invoices and photographs
- File a police report if your loss is caused by theft; notify banks and credit card companies about any missing debit or credit cards
- If you are presented with a claim by another party for damages resulting from an occurrence, do not commit to any payments, obligations, or expenses outside of emergency first aid.
- If someone files a claim against you, we will complete an investigation on your behalf to determine if you are legally liable for the damages claimed
- A Claims Service Representative will contact you promptly to discuss and review specific policy coverage information with you
- If you are making claim for damages to your home, you may also ask to be referred to a qualified contractor that participates in our vendor program
What to expect when filing a home claim
While every claim is unique, the following outlines what to expect when filing a property claim:
- Your claim will be assigned to an adjuster, in most cases immediately. The assigned claims adjuster will contact you to discuss your loss, review policy coverage as it specifically relates to your loss, and answer any questions you may have.
- The adjuster will begin their investigation and if necessary, set up an inspection and evaluate the damage. In some circumstances, such as a personal property loss, the adjuster will request that you provide a detailed inventory of your loss.
- If coverage applies, the claims adjuster will coordinate settlement of the claim.
Homeowners AAA Member Preferred Repairs (MPR)
Find home repair preferred specialists you can trust through AAA’s Member Preferred Repairs program
24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
We have compiled a list of pre-screened, licensed, and bonded general contractors. Since each of the contractors has been pre-selected, they’re allowed to begin covered work on your home immediately. This means you will not have to wait for an adjuster. And, you’ll never be required to obtain estimates. Plus, AAA offers a one-year limited warranty on MPR-contracted work for added peace of mind.1 MPR preferred vendors are prepared to handle damage resulting from (including but not limited to) fire, water, wind, and vandalism.
Naturally, you’re free to have your home repaired by the contractor of your choice. But, considering all of the advantages of AAA Member Preferred Repairs, we think you’ll agree it represents an excellent choice. Just call us at 1-800-672-5246 the next time you have a home claim, and we’ll match you with the right preferred vendor for the job.
1Certain limitations apply. See the IRP warranty terms and conditions as set forth in the IRP brochure.