The AAA Approved Auto Repair program was established in 1975 to address one of the most frequent consumer complaints: unsatisfactory automobile repairs.
The AAA Approved Auto Repair program refers AAA members and other consumers to facilities that meet and maintain high professional standards. Today, there are approximately 8,000 AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities in the U.S. and Canada.
AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities
AAA Service Specialists perform stringent reviews of each facility on a regular basis. All AAA Service Specialists have an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification, along with an extensive background in automotive service in order to address the following:
- Inspection of the facility for cleanliness and proper tools
- Verification of adequate technical training and appropriate technician certifications
- Service Satisfaction Survey of facility customers to obtain their opinions on how well the facility meets their automotive service needs
- Insurance and financial background checks
A committee of AAA club officials makes the final decision as to whether a facility receives approval to become a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility.
AAA members and non-members can feel confident that AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities are reliable and trustworthy:
- Customers are provided with a written estimate of the cost of all work to be performed
- 24-month/24,000-mile parts and labor guarantee of service on mechanical repairs by the facility
- Replaced parts are returned to customers, upon request
AAA members receive the added benefit of:
- AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities offer AAA members a 10 percent discount (up to $50) on regularly priced parts and labor through the AAA Discounts & RewardsSM program
- If a AAA member is unsatisfied with the service or repairs received at a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility, the facility has agreed to accept the decision instructed by AAA in order to correct the member’s concern
FIND AN AUTO REPAIR FACILITY
NEW! AAA Batteries now available at select facilities
The same great batteries available from the AAA Mobile Battery Service are now featured at select AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities. With the purchase of a AAA Battery, you’ll receive:
- A high-quality AAA Battery that meets or exceeds your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
- A six-year limited warranty with a three-year free replacement period
- Safe disposal and recycling of your old battery
AAA members can enjoy these additional benefits:
- Free testing of the battery, starting, and charging systems
- AAA Battery installation included at no additional charge
- Free battery charging and retesting
- AAA mobile warranty service that comes to you, available throughout the U.S. and Canada1
FIND A PARTICIPATING FACILITY
1AAA mobile warranty service is provided through Roadside Assistance and is only available in select areas during select hours. Service is generally provided by independent service providers and is limited to the U.S. and Canada. Roadside Assistance conditions and limitations apply. See the Member Guide for details.